Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012



Hey there everyone,
Well we didn’t have anyone show up for church this week again it was kind of a bummer, really though I have gotten used to it cause most of my mission has been people not coming to church for whatever reason and it has been very humbling experience and also teaches me that sometimes no matter how badly you want to help people you can’t force them to do anything no matter how hard you want to, I just hope they realize what they are missing inside. We had a rough week, lots of appointments fell through for whatever reason, people always say oh I forgot or I had to go somewhere haha, but I don’t know, you wish they would let you know or tell you if they really aren’t interested in listening, but I guess all I can do is keep trying until we find the person who is willing to do things to change. We did find a lady named (J), i think I told you guys about her, she is really cool but she dropped us on wednesday she said in a text that she will contact us if she wants us to come teach her, haha it just breaks your heart when you meet someone so ready and they say not now, so hopefully she will change her mind soon. We did find a couple people, especially a mexican family they are cool, the daughters of the family speak great english and they are both married but live on the same street and the dad is okay with english but the mom speaks no english we were hoping they would come to church but they didn’t. Oh well, we are gonna try and teach them this week and they told us that they are catholic by inheritance and they aren’t practicing so that makes it easier. (S) mom also kind of had a freak out on us cause we went by last sunday morning to wake him up for church and she didn’t think that was okay, so she told us not to come by anymore, but hopefully that was just a short thing, but we are just giving them time. We have (L) and another guy (M) on baptism date for oct 27, so we are excited to see them progress. we found this cool guy named (P) he is in his 30's and is wanting to change his life which he already has started, he used to deal drugs and had lots of money from it but then realized it didn’t bring him lasting happiness so he stopped, but then he has since lost a lot because of no income, he has a strong desire to change though so I hope we can teach him this week and get him to come watch general conference.

We watch conference at the church building, I’m so excited for it I cant wait. We also are gonna be having an apostle come to the mission in October I believe and rumors are its Elder Bednar, so that would be pretty cool.

Man, its crazy to think coy is married haha, I never thought he would get married this fast. Tell him congrats for me.
Dylan is gonna be taking in some good mula at the bank.

Mom I thought you had a hand held video camera? and do the coaches video tape the games on the top of the commentator box on the stadium? 

I heard about the cardinals win streak, that’s so awesome, an investigator had it on at there house and they showed the highlights when we walked in so I saw a little bit of it haha I’m so glad kolb is good. Bummed about hockey lockout.

Keep working hard Grant don’t give up, show the coaches you deserve to start at DE.
Your awesome Alli!

Well that’s all I got for this week
Hope you have a great week
Love Elder Harper:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment